Re: gitlab - install problems

On Friday 01 January 2016 07:21 PM, Libor Klepáč wrote:
> ---------
> I have remembered more problems during install and reported them (on package
> ruby-activerecord-session-store)
>  - https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=809559
>  - https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=809560

Thanks for reporting, both fixed.

> -  user gitlab should be added to group redis, so it can access unix socket on
> disk (which must be enabled in redis package by hand - this could be mentioned
> in readme?)

Do you think making redis switch to unix sockets by default is good? If
no one here oppose such a move we could switch it in ruby-redis package.
Should we enable both network socket and unix socket for compatibility?
Is there a performance hit if we enable both?

> - gitlab package missing dependency on ruby-state-machines-activerecord

added in git

> - sometimes in future, can you soften dependency on postrgres to recommends?
> we use mysql to host gitlab db

Currently it handles on postgres, added mysql support as todo item
https://gitlab.com/debian-ruby/TaskTracker/issues/61