Steps for updating rails apps like gitlab and diaspora

Hi,

From my experience updating last few versions of gitlab and diaspora, I
have come up with the steps for updating a rails app.

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby/Packaging/newUpstreamRailsApp

Keys points,

1. Don't upload to unstable directly, use experimental or a personal
staging repo.
2. Don't update any library if it comes in dependency chain of diaspora
and gitlab, coordinate with upstreams and update in sync.

Balasankar has been tirelessly working on the dependency tracker to make
things much easier.
http://debian.fosscommunity.in/status/?appname=diaspora&sort=satisfied

There is nice tracker for comparing apps like diaspora and gitlab and
see mismatch in common libraries
http://debian.fosscommunity.in/compare/?appname=diaspora&appname=gitlab

Please review/modify/update. We are discussing diaspora 0.5.5.1 update
here https://gitlab.com/debian-ruby/TaskTracker/issues/24

How about integrating this with tracker.debian.org so we know in advance
if a new upstream release is going to break diaspora or gitlab before we
update and also if a current version in the archive is not matching
upstream requirement.

Thanks
Praveen