Re: forked gems of gitlab and handling them

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 12:07:01AM +0530, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> Hi,

> 7 gems that remains to be packaged [1] for gitlab are forks. I'm
> discussing with upstream about merging them back to their original
> projects, but it will take time.

> I think it is okay to embed them for the time being as maintaining two
> separate packages does not make sense.

The version of ruby-grit we have in the archive is already the one
patched by Gitlab, according to the long description of the package.

For the other gems which are not packaged yet, we could have the "real"
upstream version packaged (without the -gitlab- name), with on top of
that the Gitlab specific changes as a patch. It would make easier to
switch to the full upstream version once the Gitlab patch is merged.
This is feasible only for packages where the diff is small, which may be
not the case for all of them.