Re: Fwd: Help to update asciidoctor

Bonjour Guillaume,

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 12:10:16PM +0200, Guillaume Grossetie wrote:
> Hello,

> I just saw that the Debian package[1] of Asciidoctor is a bit outdated.
> Version 1.5.2 of Asciidoctor is now available[2][3].
> I would be glad to help if you could show me how :)

Thank you for proposing your help.

The workflow of the team is roughly described on the following wiki
page:

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby/Packaging#Updating_a_package_to_a_newer_version

The section that interests you most is Section 5.1 about updating an
existing package.

You can first create an account on alioth.debian.org, and ask to join
the Debian Ruby Extras group:

https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-ruby-extras/

Then you get write access to the Git repositories of the team, and you
can push your changes to git.debian.org.

You could follow these steps after having obtained a copy of the Git repo
for asciidoctor, e.g. with the command:

debcheckout asciidoctor

but this would clone a git repo which doesn't allow you by default to
push back your changes to git.debian.org. But you could then publish
your repo from a public place and ask to integrate your changes.

Don't hesitate to write again to this list if you need more information,
or join #debian-ruby on irc.debian.org.