next Ruby team sprint: early 2016, Brazil

Hi,

It's time we start to organize the next team sprint. During the Debconf
BoF I volunteered to organize it in Brazil, and everyone thought that
was a good idea. Thanks to Jonas we already have an initial wiki page,
where we will be organizing all information:

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby/Meeting/Brazil2016

So let's start by defining a few basic points.

Location

Initially I thought about bringing the sprint to some major Brazilian
city (São Paulo/Rio/Brasília), where most of the people coming from the
Northern hemisphere could get to with a direct flight from a major hub.

But then I won't be able to be a very useful host, so my suggestion now
is that we do it in my home city of Curitiba, where I will know nice
places to take you for lunch/dinner, and will be able to provide more
useful local support in general. It will also be a lot easier for me to
arrange accomodation and a venue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curitiba

For those coming from the Northern hemisphere, in practical terms that
will mean an extra ~1h flight from São Paulo, or a slightly longer one
from Rio or Brasília.

Duration

During the last sprint, and also during Debconf, we remember from
chatting with a few people that the 3 day sprint we were doing is
perhaps too short. Maybe this time we should have a full week, Monday to
Friday?

Period

We agreed that it should happen at the beginning of the year, because
Ruby is usually released on Christmas, and we should be transitioning to
Ruby 2.3 by them. We thought about something between January and April.
January being high summer season (and also already dangerously close),
maybe it would be better to make it a little later.

Plane tickets seem to be somewhat cheaper in April compared to January;
I checked expedia.co.uk for tickets from Paris all the way to Curitiba
and April looks at least 10% cheaper.

Speaking with some friends from the local free software scene, they
suggested that we might do it close to FLISOL
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FLISOL) so we could take the opportunity
and maybe have you as speakers (if desired), or attendees.  FLISOL
usually happens at the 4th Saturday of April, and the idea would be to
have the sprint in the preceeding week.

Please let me know what you think of the above points, even if it is
just to say "+1".

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>