Tests not being run in pbuilder

Hi,
I am currently packaging ruby-actionpack-page_caching. I am stuck at a weird
problem. The build goes on smoothly using dpkg-buildpackage and the logs can be
seen here[1] . But, when I use pbuilder to build[2], MiniTest is giving me some
weird errors

===

/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/minitest/assertions.rb:17: warning: already initialized constant MiniTest::Assertions::UNDEFINED
/usr/lib/ruby/2.1.0/minitest/unit.rb:80: warning: previous definition of UNDEFINED was here
Run options: --seed 25733
# Running tests:

Finished tests in 0.003730s, 0.0000 tests/s, 0.0000 assertions/s.
0 tests, 0 assertions, 0 failures, 0 errors, 0 skips

===

But the thing is, dpkg-buildpackage's test had
36 runs, 69 assertions, 0 failures, 0 errors, 0 skip

Even though the gem mentions mocha as a dependency, it never uses it. So, I
haven't given it on debian/control as a build dependency. The control file
can be seen here[3]. Can anyone help me on understanding what is going on?

[1] dpkg-buildpackage output - http://pastebin.com/E16v56qD
[2] pbuilder build output - http://pastebin.com/WAX686jX
[3] debian/control file - http://pastebin.com/WFQUm5LX
--
Regards,
Balasankar C

"Freedom is never easily won, but once established, freedom lasts, spreads and chokes out tyranny." - Trent Lott