Re: RFS: ruby-version-sorter

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 08:33:27PM +0530, Balasankar C wrote:
> Hi,
>  I prepared the packaging of ruby-version-sorter. It is lintian clean
>  except for an info message of 'hardening-no-fortify-functions', which
>  I couldn't solve. I tried the steps given in wiki but had no lucj.
>  The package is tested with pbuilder and was built fine. I've pushed
>  the package to alioth
>  repo/git/pkg-ruby-extras/ruby-version-sorter.git

There is template code in debian/ruby-version-sorter.docs.

The file:
ext/version_sorter/frameworks/cmockery.framework/Versions/A/Headers/cmockery.h
is released under the Apache 2.0 License.
Please add a paragraph for it in the copyright file, and check other
files.

The file
ext/version_sorter/frameworks/cmockery.framework/Versions/A/cmokery is a
binary file, and is certainly not in its preferred form of modification.
The directory ext/version_sorter/frameworks is used only when the
preprocessor macro UNIT_TESTING is set. Maybe the upstream tarball can
be repacked to remove it, together with the version_sorter.xcodeproj
subdirectory.

In debian/control:
- change the Testsuite: field to be autopkgtest-pkg-ruby
- start the short description with a lower case letter
- extend the long description

About the hardening-no-fortify lintian message, I couldn't see anything
to fix that (I haven't looked for long either).