GitLab Packaging - Github-markdown

Hi,
One of the dependencies of GitLab is the gem "Github-markdown". But it seems that gem isn't released under any open source license and is not going to be. When I asked the Github guys about this, there reply was as follows
================================
Hi Balasankar,

Although the github-markdown Gem is on Rubygems, it's not open-source or officially supported as it's only used in our internal
applications. Sorry if this causes you any trouble.

If you need a gem for parsing markdown I'd suggest redcarpet or kramdown:

https://github.com/vmg/redcarpet
https://github.com/gettalong/kramdown

Best regards,
John

So, what should we do?

--
Regards,
Balasankar C

"Freedom is never easily won, but once established, freedom lasts, spreads and chokes out tyranny." - Trent Lott