Re: activeresource package

On 10/1/14 5:26 AM, Pirate Praveen wrote:
Hi,

I noticed active resource is missing from the repo while looking at
diaspora progressbar. https://people.debian.org/~praveen/diasbar/

I just asked boutil about it and he says this is a separate gem now in
rails > 4. He asked me to post it here to double check.

Can someone who know rails well confirm this? Also how about packaging
it separately?

Confirmed[1].

I'd also add that I personally would recommend treating this as a low priority. Over time, it the Rails team made changes that made it less useful (particularly at the time that they switched from XML to JSON), and bugs aren't quickly addressed; that combined with the extraction leaves me with the impression that this isn't widely used.

I used to describe its usage in previous editions of my book[2], but I dropped it when Rails 4 came out.

Praveen

[1] http://blog.remarkablelabs.com/2012/12/activeresource-gem-extraction-rails-4-countdown-to-2013

[2] https://pragprog.com/book/rails4/agile-web-development-with-rails-4