Re: 2 diffrent ruby-kakasi implemntations

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 02:58:18PM +0900, NOKUBI Takatsugu wrote:
> At Tue, 26 Aug 2014 14:39:44 +0200,
> Vincent Fourmond wrote:
> >   Both pages seem to have the same author (same name, Akinori MUSHA,
> > and same picture). Isn't it just an updated version ?

> Ah sorry, my description confused you. The gems page
> https://rubygems.org/gems/kakasi is for description, and source code
> page is https://github.com/knu/kakasi_ffi .

> The upstream author of former debian package is GOTO Kentaro, so they
> are diffrent implementation.

Maybe use the name ruby-kakasi-ffi for the package (that would be what
gem2deb would propose), and add a Provides: ruby-kakasi, Replaces:
ruby-kakasi (<< some version) in debian/control? (Breaks: is probably
not needed since there will be no file conflict).

> And I noticed the former package already removed from sid. What is the
> best way? Need ITP?

Yes, since it is a new package, it is recommended to file an ITP bug.