Re: RFS and WIPs (rails-related)

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 08:41:34PM +0530, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 August 2014 07:09 PM, Caitlin Matos wrote:
> > I've been on a bit of an updating spree.
> >
> > The following have updates in git:
> >
> > * ruby-i18n-inflector-rails
>
> debian/copyright:
> ruby's license mentions GPL as an option
>
> "Ruby is copyrighted free software by Yukihiro Matsumoto
> <matz@netlab.co.jp>.
>  You can redistribute it and/or modify it under either the terms of the GPL
>  (see COPYING.txt file), or the conditions below:"
>
> so keep the lines mentioning location of GPL in debian.

The GPL has been dropped from the Ruby license some time ago.

$ dpkg-parsechangelog -SVersion
2.1.2-3
$ head COPYING
Ruby is copyrighted free software by Yukihiro Matsumoto <matz@netlab.jp>.
You can redistribute it and/or modify it under either the terms of the
2-clause BSDL (see the file BSDL), or the conditions below:

  1. You may make and give away verbatim copies of the source form of the
     software without restriction, provided that you duplicate all of the
     original copyright notices and associated disclaimers.

  2. You may modify your copy of the software in any way, provided that
     you do at least ONE of the following:

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>