Re: RFP 744252: cutz -- cutz cuts similar to cut

Hi!

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 12:02 AM, Michael Arlt
<qwertologe@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I would be glad if someone can have a look at RFP 744252. Github adress is
> https://github.com/qwertologe/cutz. Code testing and feedback is also
> welcome.

I personally don't see the use case for something like cut but not quite. Maybe
you can elaborate on this in the RFP?

Also, I think it would have a better chance of getting included if it
was already
packaged. You can package it yourself and then put it on mentors.debian.net.
I am personally also hesitant uploading or sponsoring stuff that does not
have any tests that can be executed during build time.

Some initial reading on Debian packaging etc

https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/
https://wiki.debian.org/IntroDebianPackaging
http://mentors.debian.net/

--