Re: help with sidekiq tests

Hi Praveen,

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 02:53:35AM +0530, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> On Thursday 22 May 2014 11:38 PM, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I get lots of errors like this,
> >
> > 2) Error:
> > sidekiq web#test_0020_escape job args and error messages:
> > Errno::ENOENT: No such file or directory @ rb_sysopen -
> > /usr/lib/ruby/web/views/retries.erb
> >
> > web/views/*.erb is actually at the root of the library. If someone
> > familiar with these templating libraries can have a look it would be
> > great. It is a matter of installing these in the correct path and
> > setting it, I guess.

> I have installed web directory in /usr/share/ruby-sidekiq and patched
> lib/sidekiq/web.rb to pick this path but there is another problem.

> The tests are run from lib path where as I remember we had to explicitly
> add lib directory to load path earlier. it seems to be automatically
> taken now, what is the rationale for this change?

> in ruby-tests.rake I have added only tests to the load path.

The rake/testtask file adds automatically by default the lib/ directory
to the load_path. Check e.g. line 81 of /usr/lib/ruby/2.1.0/rake/testtask.rb
Therefore if you ant to add *only* test/, and not "lib", you should
replace tests.libs by ["test/"] (and not add "test" to that array that
contains "lib/").

There was also a missing / from you patch I guess.

Another thing is that the files in web should be installed in
usr/share/ruby-sidekiq/ before dh_auto_install, since it's the one
triggering the tests. So I added to override_dh_auto_install a call
to dh_install to install web before the tests are run.
(probably debian/ruby-sidekiq.install isn't needed anymore)

I pushed these three changes to the team repo. Now the tests in
test/test_web.rb are passing.

I still get a random number of test failures coming from other parts
though. I'll try to have a closer look later.