Re: Working on rails 4 support

Hi Caitlin,

On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 02:54:46PM -0400, Caitlin Matos wrote:
> Hi Antonio,
>
> What can I do to help at this point?

At this point, the only missing piece in unstable is ruby-sdoc which is
waiting in NEW; everything is already in.

> Note that I've not used Rails much, so I don't know how helpful I can be.
> However, I'd like to help where I can, since this is a huge block in
> updating/fixing other packages!

I don't think there is anything blocked by rails at this point. Would
you say there is?

However, whenever anyone updates a package that is in the rails dependency
chain, it would be nice if one could test that rails still passes at
least its autopkgtest tests.

The easiest way to to that is to install rails and the updated package
locally, and run:

  $ adt-run rails --- null

(yes those are three(3) dashes)

If that exits with 0, it should probably be ok. If not, it would be nice
to check with me before uploading the package.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>