Re: What is +gh? (WAS Re: [DRE-maint] ruby-em-redis_0.3.0+gh-1_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into unstable, unstable)

On Tuesday 29 April 2014 02:32 PM, Vincent Fourmond wrote:
> This information belongs in debian/README.source or even
> debian/copyright, but not in the version number, especially since it
> is completely opaque to our users. Cheers, Vincent

It is useful when importing multiple tarballs of the same upstream
release using git-import-orig when initial dsc is created using gem file
from rubygems.org and github tarball is imported later to include tests.