Re: GitLab packaging

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 04:06:28PM +0100, Sytse Sijbrandij wrote:

> >> There will probably also be the need to add configuration points to
> >> GitLab to accommodate a different directory structure, we are open to
> >> help with this.
> >
> > Yes, having global constants to be able to change easily the directory
> > structure would be great. The main split is probably between Ruby code
> > which will go in /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby on Debian systems (vendordir
> > in RbConfig::CONFIG) and something like /usr/share/gitlab for various
> > files (artwork, and so on).

> For the omnibus packages we already have a split directory structure,
> see https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/omnibus-gitlab/blob/master/README.md#directory-structure
> Please let us know what else you need.

It is a bit difficult for the moment to say something. I find myself
at a stage where I see too many dependencies missing to be able
to think right now about the structure of the future gitlab package.
We'll let you know soon!

> > There is a new version of the dependency graph for GitLab:
> > http://people.debian.org/~boutil/gitlab/gitlab_deps20140326.pdf
> > (green means in the Debian archive,
> >  yellow is waiting to be reviewed by the FTP masters,
> >  other colors mean work needed)

> Cool to see there are already a lot of green gems. Are we targeting
> the latest version of GitLab or a specific version?

It was run with a Gem file dating from 2 months ago. I just fetched the
most recent one. The next graph will be generated with it (there
shouldn't be much change, mainly addition of gemnasium-gitlab-service
and version_sorter).
About the version we should target, given our timeframe before the
freeze, what would be your recommendation?

Best regards,