Re: Debian Ruby IRC meeting - Tuesday 11th March, 22:00 UTC

On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 12:49:51PM +0100, Cédric Boutillier wrote:
> Dear Team,
>
> As announced earlier [1], the second Debian Ruby IRC meeting
> will be held on:
>
> 	Tuesday 11th March, 22:00 UTC.
>
> People who are interested in joining the meeting, but have some time
> constraints, please add yourself to the wiki page [2]
> so that they can be taken into account for the next meeting.

Thank you very much for organizing! Unfortunately I will not be able to
participate today, but I want to chime in on few of the points in the
agenda.

> - Coordination with Ubuntu for Trusty 14.04 LTS

I'm not sure what level of coordination is being thought, but I was
chatting with doko last week and it is already too late to change the
default for Ubuntu 14.04.

> - Status of 2.0-default, 2.1

We should be good to switch to ruby2.0 as default RSN. I would just like
to make sure that all the changes already done _before_ the switch are
in testing when we switch the default on unstable.

After that, I think we should aim at switching to ruby2.1 as soon as we
get ruby2.0 as default in testing, with all native libraries built for
2.0 at least.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>