Re: ruby-turbolinks - turbolinks.js.coffee

Hello Antonio,

> > /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/assets/javascripts/turbolinks.js.coffee
> >
> > I think it's not the correct location, can anybody tell me how to
> > handle this coffee script file?
>
> you probably need to move that assets directory to /usr/share/$package
> and patch the code (probably in lib/turbolinks.rb, or something required
> from it) to use assets from /usr/share/$package.
>
> have a look at ruby-jquery-rails since it has exactly the same issue

the file turbolinks.js.coffee is not used anywhere in the library. It is used in:

test/config.ru:

Assets = Sprockets::Environment.new do |env|
  env.append_path File.join(Root, "lib", "assets", "javascripts")
end

Perhaps we should create a global assets directory and patch Sprockets to load
from that directory.

e.g. usr/share/rails/assets/javascripts/turbolinks.js.coffee

Greets,
	Jonas