Re: RFC: reverting ruby-rack to 1.4.x with an epoch

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 08:15:11PM +0100, Christian Hofstaedtler wrote:
> * Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org> [131024 21:28]:
> > What about temporarily introducing "rack1.4" package and use that as
> > dependency in rails-3.2 (together with adding Breaks: rails-*-3.2 to
> > rack 1.5)
>
> While preparing a ruby-rack-1.4 package is easy, it will take a
> while to get through NEW. (Apparently, queue length is now ~ 1
> month or more.)

As mentioned on IRC, you can follow up on the "$pkg is NEW" email and
explain the urgency of the situation and asking them to fast track the
package. In my experience ftpmasters are usually open to help there.

> If nobody objects, I'd upload ruby-rack-1.4 later today. It will
> Conflict/Provides: ruby-rack.

Yes please.

I would put just Conflicts:. Stuff dependending on ruby-rack should
always get the latest one.

ruby-rack-1.4 is a compromise for stuff that can't be migrated easily
and is stuck at the old version, and such packages should explicitly
depend on ruby-rack-1.4.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>