Re: ruby-shadow: new upstream version (fix FTBFS with ruby2.0 #720229)

On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 10:52:30PM +0200, David Suárez wrote:
> Hi,

> I have updated ruby-shadow to a new upstream version.

> Some comments:
>   - Fix some tests failing because import errors (fix FTBFS #720229).
>   * Refresh fix_license patch
>   * Bump standards version to 3.9.4; no changes needed
>   * Remove libshadow-ruby1.8 transitional package

> It builds fine on a sid chroot.

> Can anyone review and upload it.

Dear David,

There seems to be some issues about the license.
The disclaimer at the top of debian/copyright and fix_license_patch
mention that the software is under Ruby's license. However, according to
the LICENSE file from upstream (which present in the github repo, but
not in the gem [1]), the license is "Free for any use with your own risk!"
our public domain. The gem metadata say its Public Domain License.

I would suggest to:
- use github tarball instead of the gem (at least temporarily) to have
  the LICENSE file included
- fix the copyright file, and fix_license_patch to reflect upstream's
  choice for a license

1: https://github.com/apalmblad/ruby-shadow/issues/12