Re: RFS: ruby-stamp 0.5.0

Dear Daniel,

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 04:27:31PM +0200, Daniel Martí wrote:
> Hello everyone,

> I believe the ruby-stamp package at version 0.5.0-1 is ready to be
> uploaded (I also verified the points listed on
> http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby/Packaging#Requesting_Sponsorship).

> I'd be very grateful if someone took the time to sponsor it.

> Regards.

> P.S: I tried removing rubygems from debian/ruby-tests.rake, but this
> error appears when doing so:

> > uninitialized constant Cucumber::Rake::Task::ForkedCucumberRunner::Gem

The package looks in quite good shape. I have a couple of comments:

- I couldn't build it using pbuilder. I got the following error
  -------8<---------------------
  install -D -m644 /tmp/buildd/ruby-stamp-0.5.0/lib/stamp.rb /tmp/buildd/ruby-stamp-0.5.0/debian/ruby-stamp/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/stamp.rb
  /usr/bin/ruby1.8 -I/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/gem2deb/test_runner.rb
  NOTE: Gem.available? is deprecated, use Specification::find_by_name. It will be removed on or after 2011-11-01.
  Gem.available? called from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/cucumber/rake/task.rb:86.
  /usr/bin/ruby1.8 -I "/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby:lib" "/usr/lib/ruby/bin/cucumber"
  /usr/bin/ruby1.8: No such file or directory -- /usr/lib/ruby/bin/cucumber (LoadError)
  rake aborted!
  Command failed with status (1): [/usr/bin/ruby1.8 -I "/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_...]
  -e:1
  Tasks: TOP => default => features
  -------->8------------------
  This maybe related to rubygems-integration bug #710814. Since you just
  need to call cucumber to run the tests, you may try instead of
  ruby-tests.rake a one-line ruby-tests.rb with:
  ---------8<--------
  exec(ENV['RUBY_TEST_BIN'], "/usr/bin/cucumber")
  --------->8--------
  that would allow you to get rid of rake as a build-dep and solve the
  rubygems dilemma in your P.S.

- I noticed you have included Gemfile.lock in the .gitignore file. The
  .gitignore file is a file included in the upstream tarball. It is a
  bad idea to modify it since it will create a conflict when you import
  a new upstream version. Since Gemfile.lock is *not* included in the
  upstream tarball, you can instead just make sure that it is cleaned
  adter the build by adding it to debian/clean. However, I think that
  this problem is solved automatically if you adopt my proposition for
  the first point, since this file was not created if ruby-tests.rake is
  replaced by ruby-tests.rb.

- It is considered good practice to put the Debian packaging under the
  same license as the upstream project. Unless you have a strong opinion
  on that, I'd suggest you switch the license of debian/ to Expat.