Re: Rails 3.2 sessions broken with Rack 1.5

On 06/05/2013 12:31 AM, Praveen A wrote:
We should add a package that runs at least these sequence of commands
rails new foobar .... rake test when any of the dependencies for the
default app is changed and make all those packages depend on this test
package. Or we could have some other method which will notify us when we
break this loop.

I have exactly such a package.  :-)

In fact, it is an official part of the Rails release process:

https://github.com/rails/rails/blob/master/RELEASING_RAILS.rdoc#is-sam-ruby-happy--if-not-make-him-happy

When it fails, it sends me an IM (using XMPP), it sends messages to #rails-contrib on irc.freenode.net, and sends a CampFire notification to the rails core developers.

Current results:

http://intertwingly.net/projects/dashboard.html

Everything needed to run the tests is on github:

https://github.com/rubys/awdwr#readme

Right now, I run this code against versions of rails from git. The same could would readily run against Debian installed versions of Rails and other gems. I'll gladly set this up on debian hardware. Or run it on my hardware and send notifications to wherever desired.

- Sam Ruby

P.S. for those interested, in a day or so, an article on the subject will appear here:

  http://pragprog.com/magazines/2013-06

P.P.S.  Can somebody check into why my account hasn't been activated?

  https://alioth.debian.org/users/rubys-guest