Re: RFS ruby-rack-google-analytics

Dear Raju,

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 04:08:36AM +0530, raju vindane wrote:
> I have build the package ruby-rack-google-analytics . It is lintian clean.
> It builds with pbuilder &  it runs all the tests from upstream git repo.
> And you can find my package
> https://gitorious.org/debian-diaspora/ruby-rack-google-analytics

> Please review and upload.

Here are a few comments that could lead to a better package:

* debian/control:
  - remove DM-Upload-Allowed: lines (deprecated)
  - bump Standards-Version: to 3.9.4 (current version)
  - uncomment Vcs-*: lines as your package will probably will be
    imported in the team repository at upload time
    (according to the latest lintian version, they should look like:
    Vcs-Git: git://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-ruby-extras/ruby-rack-google-analytics.git
    Vcs-Browser: http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb?p=pkg-ruby-extras/ruby-rack-google-analytics.git;a=summary
  - improve the long description: it should contain full phrases, and
    should mention Ruby
  - remove the commented lines under Depends:
  - add ruby-rack to Depends. Certainly it has to be added also to
    Build-Depends, even though it is pulled by ruby-rack-test.

* debian/ruby-tests.rb
  just leave the two lines: (remove the unnecessary << '.' from the first line)

  $: << 'test'
  require 'test/test_rack-google-analytics.rb'

  remove all other comments.
  This line:
  Dir['{spec}/**/*.rb'].each { |f| require f }
  is not needed since there are no spec directory!

* delete debian/ruby-rack-google-analytics.docs: it contains only
  comments. The README file contains no info: can be not installed.

* debian/changelog: UNRELEASED should be set to unstable
  update the timestamp