Re: DONE: ruby-ole, ruby-rqrcode

Jonas Genannt dijo [Mon, Dec 02, 2013 at 06:51:17PM +0100]:
> > I think they belong as Recommends, because (most of) the package is
> > usable without each of the dependencies.
>
> I have added to Recommends for ruby-barby:
> 	ruby-cairo, ruby-prawn, ruby-rmagick, ruby-chunky-png
>
> But data_matrix code is unusable in Debian, because the gem "semacode" is missing in the
> archive. But semacode is divided  in semacode for Ruby 1.8 and semacode-ruby19*.
>
> So we can upload it again and fix the most of the barcode types in Debian but not all,
> because semacode-ruby19 is missing.

Beat me to it by a split hair ;-)

Yes, I think we should upload as it is, as having it die on a
situation where Debian-packaged modules can work is clearly a bug.

Regarding semacode, we *could* remove the module from the shipped
tree, but I'm not sure: This would prevent the situation from getting
fixed by a simple upload :(

I quickly checked whether 'gem2deb semacode-ruby19' works, and it does
produce a package (and the tests succeed with both 1.9 and 2.0). bu tI
don't have the time to dig into whether everything's fine.