Re: RFS: ruby-jnunemaker-matchy

Dear Nandaja,

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 11:07:48PM +0530, Nandaja Varma wrote:
> Hi,

>  I prepared the packaging of ruby-jnunemaker-matchy. It is lintian clean
> and tested with pbuilder. Further information about this package can
> be accessed from the URL :

>  http://mentors.debian.net/package/ruby-jnunemaker-matchy

> Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this command:

>     dget -x
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/ruby-jnunemaker-matchy/ruby-jnunemaker-matchy_0.4.0-1.dsc

>  As my membership request to alioth is still pending, I've added my package
> to the following git-repo:

> https://gitorious.org/+debian-diaspora/debian-diaspora/ruby-jnunemaker-matchy

> Consider to review and upload it.

Thanks for your work. I've looked at the packaged you prepared. Here are
a few comments that could lead to improvements of the packaging:

debian/control:
- remove the DM-Upload-Allowed: line, as this flag has been deactivated
- bump Standards-Version: to 3.9.4
- short and long descriptions: please improve the text. I know this is
  not the simplest task in the packaging, but it is very important: try
  to write something not too technical (without jargon), which will
  mention explicitely Ruby. Moreover, the typography of the existing
  text is also not correct. If you need help, you can request help from
  debian-l10n-english@lists.debian.org mailing list if you send your
  draft of the description, and a few explanations of what the program
  does.
- remove the VCS-* lines pointing to gitorious, and uncomment those
  pointing to git.debian.org: once your package is imported in the team
  repository, those are the values of the VCS- fields that should be
  active.

debian/ruby-jnunemaker-matchy.docs
- remove the space character at the beginning of the line

debian/copyright
- this file should contain the copyright info of all the files included
  in the source package. Please add a File: paragraph for the file
  setup.rb, released under LGPL 2.1. See for example the
  debian/copyright file in the repository of ruby-color-tools for an
  example for this file.

Other than these points, I think it is ok.

Greetings,