ruby-mysql2 package is prepared

Hello,

I'm rather new to Debian packaging but plowed my way through, more or less, through all documents and initial difficulties of setting up a working build system.

I have decided to package the mysql2 gem (using gem2deb) since a Debian package didn't exist yet.

It builds sucessfully and I have tested it in my Rails application, which is also already a Debian package, having no dependencies on rubygems any more :) I could't use the existing ruby-mysql gem, since it apparently doesn't support UTF8 and is slower than mysql2.

I've filed an ITP bug report here:

What is the next step if I want to make this package available to the Debian system?

Michael