Re: RFS: ruby-ncursesw 1.3.1-1

Hey,

On Fri, May 04, 2012 at 12:59:26AM +0200, Per Andersson wrote:
> On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Cédric Boutillier
> <cedric.boutillier@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Per Andersson <avtobiff@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Do I have the teams green light for fixing the ruby-ncurses package?
> >> (Switching upstream, add 1.9 compat patch, more?)
> >
> > Yes! go ahead ;)
>
> Changes pushed, ruby-ncurses now builds with wide character support.
>
> Please review and upload!

Almost ready.  As lintian suggests, the conflicts in debian/control should
probably be breaks:

  I: ruby-ncurses: conflicts-with-version libncurses-ruby (<< 1.2.4-1~)
  N:
  N:    An earlier-than version clause is normally an indication that Breaks
  N:    should be used instead of Conflicts. Breaks is a weaker requirement that
  N:    provides the package manager more leeway to find a valid upgrade path.
  N:    Conflicts should only be used if two packages can never be unpacked at
  N:    the same time, or for some situations involving virtual packages (where
  N:    a version clause is not appropriate). In particular, when moving files
  N:    between packages, use Breaks plus Replaces, not Conflicts plus Replaces.
  N:
  N:    Refer to Debian Policy Manual section 7.4 (Conflicting binary packages -
  N:    Conflicts) for details.
  N:
  N:    Severity: normal, Certainty: wild-guess
  N:
  N:    Check: fields, Type: binary, udeb, source
  N:
  I: ruby-ncurses: conflicts-with-version libncurses-ruby1.8 (<< 1.2.4-1~)
  I: ruby-ncurses: conflicts-with-version libncurses-ruby1.9 (<< 1.2.4-1~)
  I: ruby-ncurses: conflicts-with-version libncurses-ruby1.9.1 (<< 1.2.4-1~)

Please set "unapply-patches" in debian/source/local-options, see also:
http://raphaelhertzog.com/2010/11/18/4-tips-to-maintain-a-3-0-quilt-debian-source-package-in-a-vcs/

If these small things are fixed, I can upload it; the rest looks nice!

Paul

--
Using the Power of Debian GNU/Linux  | E-mail: paulvt@debian.org
Jabber/GTalk: paul@luon.net          | GnuPG key ID: 0x50064181