Re: [Fwd: RFS: ruby-juicer/1.0.16-1 (RFP: 641973)]

Hi!

Thanks for packaging ruby-juicer.

I had a quick look at your package and I have a few remarks:

* debian/copyright:
  - if you use the same license as upstream for your packaging, please
    use a standalone paragraph for the license and just refer to it in
    the corresponding Files: paragrah. Just use Expat for the name of
    the license, not 'MIT (Expat)' (that syntax is not correct with
    DEP-5, as you can check with 'cme check dpkg-copyright' command).
  - It seems you do not cover all the files included in the source
    package: the test/bin directory as well as lib/jsling contain files
    with different licenses/copyright holder.

* Your debian/ruby-tests.rb contains boilerplate code. You should either
  remove it or modify it (recommended) to run the test suite.

* bin/juicer, lib/juicer/command/verify.rb require rubygems. These
  require statement should be patched out, so that rubygems does not
  interfere with system-wide installed libraries, not overriden. This
  also applies to test/test_helper.rb if you enable the test suite.

* the test/bin library contains several archives of rhino and
  yuicompressor (they are the main contribution to the weight of this
  source package: 15+MB!). You should probably convince upstream not to
  ship them in the gem, and use instead resources already available in
  the archive (if there is... I haven't checked).

* There are also minified javascript libraries in this source package.
  You should include non minified version in debian/ (and update
  copyright file accordingly), and if these files happen to be
  available in debian packages, depend on these packages and install
  symlinks to these files, instead of copying the ones in your package.

I must say I haven't tried to build your package.

Best regards,