Re: krossruby

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 10:56:05AM +0400, bug-reporting wrote:
> Hi.

> I wanted to use Ruby via Kross from a Qt program and it worked in the past.
> Now it's just “Kross: "Error error=Failed to determine interpreter for scriptfile”
> (and setting it to "ruby" manually won't help) since there is no krossruby
> package in testing.

> So, what happened to krossruby? Is it gone? Will it come back?

Kross interpreters are packaged by the KDE/Qt team. The package that
used to ship all the bindings for KDE for the scripting languages has
been split, and now the kross-* packages are built from the
kross-interpreters source package. For the moment, the KDE/Qt team
has been building only krosspython since KDE 4.7. You could file a
wishlist bug against the kross-interpreters source package, so that they
build also the krossruby binary package, to make it come back.