Re: ruby-pgplot 0.1.3-6 still not in testing after 47 days

Dear Youhei,

thanks for your message.

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 10:49:24AM +0900, Youhei SASAKI wrote:

> At 29 Oct 2012 18:19:58 +0100,
> "Cédric Boutillier" <cedric.boutillier@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > that the latest version of the package ruby-pgplot has not transitioned to
> > testing yet. There has been a freeze exception, but it is marked
> > BD-Uninstallable for 57 days, because pgplot5 is missing [2]. However,
> > pgplot5 is reported to be installed for 250+ days [3]
> >
> > 	1: http://udd.debian.org/dmd.cgi?email=pkg-ruby-extras-maintainers%40lists.alioth.debian.org
> > 	2: https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=ruby-pgplot
> > 	3: https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=pgplot5
> >
> > Youhei, have you tried to investigate this. Who should we contact to
> > sort this out? Is it a case for a give-back thing?

> Please see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=690282

> Simply, buildd does'nt support "contrib" dependencies. Thus I (we?)
> should build contrib (not only ruby-pgplot) package for *all* supported
> arch.

Thanks for the link. It was a bit surprising for me since the previous
version seemed to have been built on all archs...

Christian Hofstaedtler pointed me on IRC to the following bug report:
which certainly means that existing binaries on non amd64 will be
removed.

> I consult this issue for some person, and I'll fix it at BSP in jp/Tokyo[1].

I think I can try to build you a binary package for powerpc, and *maybe*
armel, if it does not require too much memory. Tell me if that would
help.

Best regards,