Re: updating rspec to newer version

2012/10/29 Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com>:
> Hi Praveen,
>
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Praveen A <pravi.a@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm trying to update rspec to latest upsteam veriosn, 2.11 [1]. It
>> seems this repo does not have an upstream or pristine-tar branch. How
>> do I proceed? Can I manually update the files to newer upstream
>> version?
>
> If you clone using git branches won't automagically show up but it
> will still be there just try git branch -a you will see
>
> remotes/origin/pristine-tar
> remotes/origin/upstream
>
> To make them available locally just run following commands
>
> git branch --track pristine-tar remotes/origin/pristine-tar
> git branch --track upstream remotes/origin/upstream
>
> And you will be ready to go.
>
> Other alternative is as Cedric said gbp-clone --pirstine-tar

Thanks Vasudev and Cedric. Since all previous times I already had
those branches locally it didn't occur to me to checkout them
separately :(

As for working on an older version of cucumber-rails or rspec-rails, I
would do that only if we complete all other diaspora dependencies
before we get a newer rspec.

I will help test the newer rspec when I get some time.

--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍