Re: ruby-mysql2 package is prepared

[Note copying you on this mail. If you are not subscribed to this
list, ask people to cc you on replies]

2012/10/29 Michael Franzl <michaelfranzl@gmx.at>:
> Hello,
>
> I'm rather new to Debian packaging but plowed my way through, more or less,
> through all documents and initial difficulties of setting up a working build
> system.
>
> I have decided to package the mysql2 gem (using gem2deb) since a Debian
> package didn't exist yet.
>
> It builds sucessfully and I have tested it in my Rails application, which is
> also already a Debian package, having no dependencies on rubygems any more
> :) I could't use the existing ruby-mysql gem, since it apparently doesn't
> support UTF8 and is slower than mysql2.
>
> I've filed an ITP bug report here:

> What is the next step if I want to make this package available to the Debian
> system?
>
> Michael

Hi Michael,

Nice to see your effort! Welcome to the team!

Your next step would to have someone review your package. You can
upload your package to mentors.debian.net and pass link to your dsc
file as a reply.

As the team uses git repo for its packaging work, you may put your
packaging in a git repo instead of uploading to mentors and pass the
git repo url here.

Incidently this is also a dependency for diaspora, which some of us
are trying to package for debian. You can see our notes at
http://piratepad.net/tu0H1eU2vH for more details on packaging gems.
You may also come online at #debian-diaspora on irc.oftc.net. We
usually meet at 4.30 pm GMT to discuss, many of those who join in are
also new to debian packaging.

Looking forward to reviewing your packaging. Thanks for your contribution.

Cheers
Praveen
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍