ruby-gherkin: does not build on several achitecture, blocking newer cucumber

Hi!

ruby-gherkin does not build on the current architectures: armel, armhf,
powerpc, s390 and s390x. Since I do not have access to any of these
architectures, I was wondering if someone else had any clue about why
the compilation fails (the failing tests are the same on all these
architectures).

See
  https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=ruby-gherkin
for details.

This build failure is responsible for not having the new version of
ruby-gherkin in testing, which is in turn blocking cucumber...

Thanks in advance for your insights.