Packaging MRI 1.9.3p194
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Packaging MRI 1.9.3p194
- From: James Healy <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 14:17:28 +1000
- Message-id: <CAE4DO2SgYeJtKUPUDrRKm2ANN+sxh7FojL69de=M3iDkD1j0Pg@mail.gmail.com>
I'm keen to see MRI 1.9.3p194 make it into unstable before the wheezy
freeze and thought I'd help out by trying to update the current
packaging in git.
I made some progress, but unfortunately I can't get it to build with
git-buildpackage. Are there any guides to the way MRI is maintained in
Here's what I currently have:
upstream branch - a pristine copy of the 1.9.3.p194 source
master branch - the debian directory with upstream merged in
To build I'm running:
... and the error message I'm getting is:
dpkg-source: info: using source format `3.0 (quilt)'
dpkg-source: info: building ruby1.9.1 using existing
dpkg-source: info: local changes detected, the modified files are:
Am I doing something obviously wrong?
You can see the results of my work at https://github.com/yob/debian-ruby