Packaging MRI 1.9.3p194

Hi folks,

I'm keen to see MRI 1.9.3p194 make it into unstable before the wheezy
freeze and thought I'd help out by trying to update the current
packaging in git.

I made some progress, but unfortunately I can't get it to build with
git-buildpackage. Are there any guides to the way MRI is maintained in
git?

Here's what I currently have:

upstream branch - a pristine copy of the 1.9.3.p194 source
master branch - the debian directory with upstream merged in

To build I'm running:

    git-buildpackage

... and the error message I'm getting is:

    dpkg-source: info: using source format `3.0 (quilt)'
    dpkg-source: info: building ruby1.9.1 using existing
./ruby1.9.1_1.9.3.194.orig.tar.gz
    dpkg-source: info: local changes detected, the modified files are:

Am I doing something obviously wrong?

You can see the results of my work at https://github.com/yob/debian-ruby

cheers

James