Re: let's remove mongrel, mongrel-cluster and libgemplugin-ruby from Debian

Antonio Terceiro dijo [Sun, Mar 04, 2012 at 05:26:27PM -0300]:
> Hello all,
>
> TL;DR: I would like to propose that we remove mongrel, mongrel-cluster and
> libgemplugin-ruby from the archive.
>
> These three packages are all abandoned upstream, are seriously broken,
> and the Ruby community does not care about them at all.
> (…)
> To me, maintaining these packages is a waste of effort, and we would be
> better without them. So I will propose their removal from the archive in
> the near future, unless someone gives me a very good reason not to.
> (…)
> What do you think?

I agree. I continue to use Mongrel, as I've been too lazy to move my
production habits to any other thing, but I don't think I should push
our users to be as lazy as I am ;-)

So, Jeremy, you are mongrel-cluster's maintainer - If it were not for
it, I'd be filing a removal request *now* for Mongrel. Would you do
the honors and approve us on doing so?

Thanks,