Re: gem update and a warning

> If you actually read the message you got, you will note that you *can*
> update Rubygems using itself in Debian. You just have to define the
> REALLY_GEM_UPDATE_SYSTEM environment variable to confirm that you really
> know what you are doing.

Yes, I can. I just was confused that update_rubygems command doesn't
issue such a warning.

I was asking a "debian way" to install the latest version of rubygems.
Maybe something like "checkinstall update_rubygems"?

And maybe a debian way to remove rubygems installed with
REALLY_GEM_UPDATE_SYSTEM  enabled.
It would be nice if preremove scripts of libruby1.9.1 and ruby1.9.1
included something like this:

sudo rm -Rf `gem env paths`
sudo rm -Rf `ruby -e 'puts $:'`

Is it possible?