Request for help for ruby-opengl

Hi!

I announced in the BTS that I would take care of the transition of
ruby-opengl to gem2deb (#651702). I think I was a little bit too
optimistic...

I managed to solve #650605 in the repo, and did some of the work
for the transition. However, I still get a huge number of failures and
errors when running the test suite (same statistics with ruby1.8 and
ruby1.9).

I have unfortunately not enough knowledge in C to dig into the cryptic C
extensions and solve these issues. Some of the issues are due to a
problem with types: functions supposed to return boolean
return integers (tests return true instead of false) (I am using amd64).

I could not run the test suite from the source package libopengl-ruby
either...

I thought that ruby-opengl could be simply ditched, since it has not
received any update from upstream for three years, and upstream is not
responsive. I see that ruby-sdl has transitionned to gem2deb packaging
and needs ruby-opengl. If we cannot/will not solve these problems, an
alternative to ruby-opengl is listed on ruby-sdl web page: riko [1]
There is also a ffi-opengl [2]. I am not using myself these packages and
just wanted to help the transition. Do people caring about ruby-sdl
(Youhei ?) could help, or have an opinion on this?

  [1] http://www.kumaryu.net/proj/ruby-riko/
  [2] https://github.com/remogatto/ffi-opengl

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,