Re: RFS: ruby-blankslate

Cédric Boutillier escreveu isso aí:
> On Tue, Jan 03, 2012 at 10:57:58PM -0200, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> > Cédric Boutillier escreveu isso aí:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I have pushed to the repository the packaging for ruby-blankslate. It is
> > > a build-dependency of a dependency of the newest version of ruby-mocha.
> > > This simple package is lintian clean and builds fine in a clean chroot.
> > >
> > > Can someone have a look and possibly upload the package?
>
> > I won't be able to review the package, but quite a lot of packages already
> > include a copy of blankslate.rb ... in special, ruby-builder will conflict with
> > ruby-blankslate:
>
> Thanks Antonio. I forgot to check for conflicts :(
> I am now making ruby-blankslate conflict with ruby-builder, and I
> propose the alternative ruby-blankslate | ruby-builder for
> (build-)dependencies of ruby-instantiator and ruby-introspection.

Thant won't work. activesupport (and therefore rails, activeldap,
activerecord ...) depends on builder; if you make blankslate conflict
with builder you can't have blankslate installed together with rails,
which kind of sucks ...

The correct solution is to make ruby-builder drop it's embedded copy of
blankslate and depend on it instead. Ideally all the other embedded
copies should also be dropped in favor of the standalone package.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>