test-unit and test-spec

Hi!

I am in the process of converting libprawn-ruby to gem2deb packaging
(and splitting it into smaller packages that have been released in the
mean time as independent projects: pdf-inspector (depending on
pdf-reader) and ttfunk.

The test suite for prawn uses test/spec, which is not yet packaged, as
far as I can tell. To run with ruby1.9, this would require test-unit,
which is not packaged yet.

According to rubygems.org, test-spec is not very popular (2 orders of
magnitude less than rspec) and the latest available version is 2-year
old. But ruby-amazon-ec2, which is also using this test framework, would
benefit from its presence in the archive.

I think I will go ahead and try to package test-unit (and then
test-spec). As far as I understand, this would also be in agreement with
the discussion in [0]. What do you think? Or maybe there is already
someone working on this?

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-ruby/2011/06/msg00056.html

Best wishes,