Re: RFS: ruby-polyglot

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 10:51 AM, Lucas Nussbaum
<lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> wrote:
> On 19/04/11 at 08:56 +0530, Vasudev Kamath wrote:
>> Dear mentors,
>>
>> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "ruby-polyglot".
>>
>> * Package name    : ruby-polyglot
>>   Version         : 0.3.1-1
>>   Upstream Author : Clifford Heath <cjheath@rubyforge.org>
>> * URL             : http://polyglot.rubyforge.org/
>> * License         : MIT
>>   Section         : ruby
>>
>> It builds these binary packages:
>> ruby-polyglot - Custom language loaders for specified file extensions
>>
>> The upload would fix these bugs: 623080
>>
>> My motivation for maintaining this package is: This gem is one of the
>> dependency for Diaspora packaging.
>>
>> The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
>> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
>> main contrib non-free
>> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/ruby-polyglot/ruby-polyglot_0.3.1-1.dsc
>>
>> I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
>
> It looks quite good, thanks.
Thanks for the review :)

> Comments:
> - copyright:
>  the license text is supposed to follow the first time the license is
>  used in a License: field.

Hmm bit of a doubt here. Till now for the 2 packages I'm maintaining I
was told to put common license text for multiple files using same
license but different copyright  together. i.e In my package the
package content and debian folder both are licensed as MIT but have
different copyrights so I put the license text at the end. If this is
not correct let me fix it.

> - Is there a reason why you don't want to maintain this inside the team?

No I would love to join the team and maintain it from there :). Since
I'm not part of the team I put my name as maintainer (my idea was to
first get a review and then request to join the team :) ) I will
request to join the team and make myself as Uploader.

>  Maintaining packages in teams is usually a very good idea, since it
>  allows us the share the workload in case you become too busy.
> - in debian/control:
> # hoe (>= 2.3.3, development)
> remove that line, or integrate it in one of the (Build-)?Depends fields.
Ok I'll remove this, I was not sure if its needed or not before
running pbuilder and forgot to remove before uploading :)

> If you want to maintain this within the team, please import the package
> to the team's git repo, and add the team in Maintainer or Uploaders.
> If not, I will sponsor the upload after you fix the second problem
> above.
Thanks I'm send a request to join the team right away. Tonight I'll
fix the above issues and add the package to pkg-ruby-extras repo.

> - Lucas

Thanks and Regards

--

Vasudev Kamath