Re: Ready for mass-migration to gem2deb!

  Hi everyone !

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 3:48 PM, Lucas Nussbaum
<lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> wrote:
> In case you didn't notice, we are now ready for a mass-migration to
> gem2deb.

  Great !

> There are two pages to help you:
> - http://pkg-ruby-extras.alioth.debian.org/wheezy/
>  (and http://pkg-ruby-extras.alioth.debian.org/wheezy/details.html)
>  This is the current status of the transition, updated daily.
>
> - http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby/RubyInWheezy
>  This is supposed to document everything. As it's a wiki page, don't
>  hesitate to contribute to improving it.

  I'm ready to join the fun in, but there still something which isn't
clear to me at this point: what is the status about "switching to git"
? I personally am happy with svn-buildpackage ;-)... Is there a real
problem with performing the transition on the SVN repository -- or on
new git repositories for those who wish to migrate their packages ?

  That said, if the consensus is on using git, I won't object, I just
think we'd spend time migrating the packages to gem2deb rather than to

  Should one add the migrated packages to the .mrconfig file ?

  Cheers,

      Vincent