Re: Ruby packaging in wheezy: gem2deb, new policy, etc.

Antonio Terceiro escreveu isso aí:
> Lucas Nussbaum escreveu isso aí:
> > So, according to the feedback on debian-devel@, we should probably
> > duplicate the arch-independent part in every arch-dependent package, or
> > introduce a ruby-foo-common package that contains the common parts.
> >
> > I suggest that we just duplicate the files if it doesn't prevent
> > co-installability (i.e there are no files shipped in /usr/share, for
> > example). And switch to ruby-foo-common if it's required to bring
> > co-installability, or if the arch-independant parts are really huge.
>
> I've updated the wiki page to reflect this.
>
> > Now we need someone to implement this in gem2deb. hint hint. :-)
>
> On the way. :-)

https://github.com/terceiro/gem2deb/commit/90112545fdfb7c78a03f3836c08ab949925b7e85

The core logic is as follows:

def packages_to_install_libraries_in
  if single_package?
    packages
  else
    if has_common_package?
      common_packages
    else
      native_packages
    end
  end
end

def packages_to_install_programs_in
  if single_package?
    packages
  else
    if has_common_package?
      common_packages
    else
      packages.first
    end
  end
end

So: if there is a ruby-foo-common package, libraries and programs end up in it.
Otherwise, libraries will be duplicated in the native packages, and programs
will be installed in the first binary package listed in debian/control
(normally ruby-foo/foo).

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@softwarelivre.org>
http://softwarelivre.org/terceiro