Re: [DRE-maint] [IMPORTANT] future of pkg-ruby-extras

Coin,

Hello Ruby people :-). I've been quite silent since a while, needing rest after the gems fights and was not yet able to recover full motivation yet. Nevertheless, and even if i'm late to reply, i'm still interested in being in the team (login: duck), and hope to participate more this year.

Thanks Lucas for your amazing past work. Even if we still have much work, we've got a not so bad Ruby basis for Squeeze thanks to you.

I maintain a few Ruby packages:
  - activeldap
  - kwalify
  - libfacets-ruby
  - libfeedtools-ruby
  - libuuidtools-ruby
  - rbot
and i intend to continue my work on them. I'm also still available for sponsoring request, from time to time.

Quoting Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>:

So far Arnaud Cornet has not replied, and ruby-gnome2 is still listed
without any maintainer, so I'm a bit worried about those two packages.

Arnaud is in some "deep tired phase", and is willing to pass such kind of responsabilities onto other persons. Maintainer changes is already going on for some of his packages, but several are still missing good will. I'm personally taking care of webgen since a while, but as i don't use the GNOME desktop anymore, i can't really help for ruby-gnome2 besides sponsoring occasionally.

I guess these meta-pkgs don't require much work and they will be alright
in the end:

>    libruby-extras

Is this package really needed? I'm not so sure it's that useful.

I personally find it quite practical, as i'm a lazy boy ;-).

Regards.

--
Marc Dequènes (Duck)