Re: Ruby packaging in wheezy: gem2deb, new policy, etc.

Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> Something else I forgot:
>
> 6) Rdoc generation, and distribution in a -doc package.
> Do we want that? Have you ever used it?
> I don't think I've ever used it.
> I think that it would be better to have a tool that generates the rdoc
> for a given library in $CURDIR, that users could use whenever needed.

I may be in the minority but I use 'ri' from the command line all of
the time.  I am not sure of your proposal but being able to support
command line documentation would be great.  I realize that rdoc
generation is an extremely slow process.  I can see that somehow
splitting that out would be desirable but don't understand the details
at this moment to suggest possibilities.

Bob