Re: Giving higher priority to your sponsorship requests (Was: RFS: ruby-text)

Le 10/16/11 6:57 PM, Antonio Terceiro a écrit :
> Lucas Nussbaum escreveu isso aí:
>> On 14/10/11 at 16:16 +0200, Olivier Sallou wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> new tentative to find a fellow DD to sponsor the package ruby-text
>>> (0.2.0-1). This is a dependency package for the ruby-cassiopee package
>>> (waiting in new packages for the moment).
>>>
>>> Someone already had a first review on it, now I would need someone to
>>> check/upload it.
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Like with many teams in Debian, the sponsoring of uploads is a
>> bottleneck in the Debian Ruby team.
>>
>> If you want DDs to look at your packages, the easiest way to do it is to
>> take some work off DDs where you can. This means:
>>
>> - migrating the packages that still have to be migrated according to
>> http://pkg-ruby-extras.alioth.debian.org/wheezy/details.html
>>
>> - doing some of the tasks that can be inferred from
>> http://pet.debian.net/pkg-ruby-extras/pet.cgi such as:
>> + updating packages to newer upstream versions
>> + fixing bugs
>>
>> - reviewing other people's packages when they ask for reviews

I definitely agree, but as I am already active on other team (debian med), I have fewer time to do so on ruby team.
I package a few ones here because they are dependencies for an other package I prepare.

By the way, for info, I am a DM, so I can manage package maintenance.

Olivier

>> None of those tasks are particularly difficult, and they are all a good
>> way to learn. If you don't do any of the above, your packages will still
>> eventually be sponsored, but you should not complain, or ask every few
>> days about sponsorship. Just be patient.
>
> Seconded.
>
> Personally I use the mailing list as a TODO list, so having more than
> one message asking sponsorship for the same package makes it a little
> harder for me to figure out what actually needs my attention.
>
> A follow-up to the ML saying that the package already got sponsored
> off-list (e.g. through IRC) also helps. ;-)

- --
Olivier Sallou
IRISA / University of Rennes 1
Campus de Beaulieu, 35000 RENNES - FRANCE
Tel: 02.99.84.71.95

gpg key id: 4096R/326D8438  (pgp.mit.edu)
Key fingerprint = 5FB4 6F83 D3B9 5204 6335  D26D 78DC 68DB 326D 8438