liblocale-ruby: migration to the new packaging style

Coin,

It seems you are not part of the Debian Ruby Extras Maintainers, so you may not have followed our discussion on improving our packaging for Wheezy. We have come to a few decisions [1] and are planning to migrate to a new packaging style, having several advantages. Of course you're not obliged to join the team or agree with every choice we made, but it could be nice to agree on a few things to avoid incompatible packaging.

Currently, i'm working on migrating activeldap to this new packaging style, and liblocale-ruby is a dependency. I just cannot achieve that goal until you've made at least part of the migration yourself. So could you have a look at these changes , implement what you agree upon, and discuss improvements with us ? (joining the Ruby mailing list would help, if not already)

Regards.

[1] http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=681

--
Marc Dequènes (Duck)