Re: RFS: pmatch

Hi Tomasz,

On Sun, 2011-07-03 at 17:58 +0100, Tomasz Muras wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "pmatch".
>
> * Package name    : pmatch
>   Version         : 0.4.0-1
>   Upstream Author : Tomasz Muras
> * URL             : http://pmatch.rubyforge.org/
> * License         : GPL v3
>   Section         : utils
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> pmatch     - Duplicate finder and removal tool

> The upload would fix these bugs: 632450
>
> I'm an upstream author of the package and DM - after review and few
> uploads I plan to maintain the package myself. Packaging is fairly
> simple - there is really only one ruby script that needs to be
> packaged (plus accompanying files). My motivation for creating and
> packaging this utility is lack of the functionality I required-  see
> pmatch page and ITP bug for more details.

> main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/pmatch/pmatch_0.4.0-1.dsc

Thank you for your work. Reading the ITP with all the replies I'm
somewhat hesitant to sponsor this without asking a possibly redundant
question. Yet as of now I'm not convinced with your answer.

ATM I'm still not fully seeing your rationale why the superior
functionality of pmatch cannot be added to some project (like fdupes
which I've used in the past) for other reasons than it not being ruby.
Have you tried to talk to them and they don't like patches or what's the
backstory?

Regarding your packaging:

1. Standards-Version is still at 3.9.1

2. debian/watch still contains comment lines - can be safely removed I'd
say.

Otherwise it'd be fine to go in.

Thanks for your clarification.

--