Re: RFS: ruby-rubyforge and ruby-hoe (+ ruby-echoe)

Excerpts from Lucas Nussbaum's message of Tue May 24 23:59:26 -0700 2011:
> On 20/05/11 at 09:32 -0700, Clint Byrum wrote:
> > Excerpts from Lucas Nussbaum's message of Thu May 19 23:04:57 -0700 2011:

> > > Hi,
> >
> > Hi Lucas, thanks for the thorough review. I'm a bit embarrassed how many
> > things you found to fix. See below.
> >

> > > Usually, I do not bother with filing ITPs
> >
> > I won't anymore.. since I can look in the git repository to see if there
> > is already work being done.
> >
> > I've made some fixes but alioth is down right now so can't push them up.
> > So all of the things marked "Done" will be pushed when alioth returns.
> >

> > > ruby-hoe
> > > ========
> > > There are commented out lines in debian/control
> >
> > I left this there because minitest will be added here as soon as it is
> > bootstrapped by having ruby-hoe available. Should we move these to
> > README.source, to be removed when the tests are re-enabled?
>
> I'm not sure of what you mean: ruby-minitest is available in Debian.

Alright, done, tests run and pass on ruby 1.8 and 1.9.1 now (w00t)

> > > The description should probably not link to the PDF, not point to the
> > > doc.
> >
> > Is that because we don't like the pdf, or because this is considered
> > bad form to put urls in the description? Its a very useful document,
> > even if we can't rebuild it ourselves, and it meets the spirit of the
> > guideline that the long description should help users decide whether or
> > not to install the package.
>
> This is because:
> 1) the description is not the correct place to link to documentation
> 2) that documentation is non-free until the contrary is proven

Alright, removed the link.

> > > ruby-rubyforge
> > > ==============
> > > (Looks like you are using an old gem2deb version, according to the
> > > BUild-Depends line)
> >
> > Oops, done.
> >
> > > The description needs to be edited to fit the Debian description
> > > guidelines. You can't just reuse the gem description.
> >
> > Reformatted per http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/best-pkging-practices.html
>
> Well, still not good enough, I think. I would write something such as:

>  This Ruby script and library implements a command line interface to
>  a subset of operations that one can perform on Rubyforge (a forge
>  dedicated to projects related to the Ruby programming language).
>  The library can be used to implement Rubyforge-related actions in
>  Rakefiles.

Since you wrote the above (which is definitely more concise than what I
put together), I feel you should commit it. I have no objection to that
at all.