Re: changelog history when going from one source package to many

On Thu, May 05, 2011 at 05:03:28PM -0700, Bryan McLellan wrote:
> Chef is currently a single upstream package, but when using gem2deb
> multiple source packages replace the single source package. Should I
> copy the old changelog to every subsequent package, or just one, the
> chef package?

When Shorewall upstream split the packages out, I started new changelogs
for the new packages.  For the one that retained the original
"Shorewall" name, I kept the original changelog.

Though, I am sure that there are compelling arguments to go both ways.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez