gem2deb

gem2deb is not installing for me. The issue is on line 65 and 218 of
lib/gem2deb/dhruby.rb. The find_files functions uses Dir::chdir twice in the
same block which presents errors. Is it possible to use the glob and index
methods to populate the files[] array?

Another, maybe more important, issue I am having with gem2deb is the core
concepts surrounding it. Why not just use gem commands in debian/rules? For
example: 'gem build', 'gem install', 'gem uninstall', 'gem whatever'. I have
read on this mailing list that Debian does not want to rely on another package
manager but is that not what gem2deb is doing as well?

My apologies if this is the wrong place to discuss gem2deb specifically.